Diagnostic quiz are question-and-answer challenges illustrating medical conditions either common or uncommon that invites a diagnosis from the reader. The aim is to capture the experience of clinicians, which they think should be shared with colleagues to enrich experiences or for educational purposes.
Diagnostic quiz consists of two components:
- Cases should be original articles that have not been published previously
and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The article should have no more than 4 authors.
- Clinical Quiz
- If a clinical quiz is presented it should be submitted as two separate articles.
Clinical Quiz Case Presentation
- The header for the case presentation should read “Clinical Quiz Case Presentation”
- The submitted title should be descriptive and not indicate the diagnosis.
- A short history, examination and investigation findings, no more than 300 words must be provided.
- Cases with or without images will be considered.
Answer to Clinical Quiz
- The header for the Answer should read “Answer to Clinical Quiz”
- The answer should be in the form of the diagnosis and a short review of the condition, no more than 500 words and 4-6 references, if necessary with additional photographs.
- Though abstracts and key words are not needed, a bulleted list of up to 3 'Learning Points' must also be included.
- Learning Points should summarize the key take home messages and convey how this would improve reader's diagnostic skills.
- Image Quiz
- If an imaging is presented it should be submitted as two separate articles.
- Only one image should be submitted.
Image Quiz Case Presentation
- The header for the case presentation should read “Image Quiz Case Presentation.”
- It should succinctly present relevant and pertinent clinical information including a short description of the patient's history, relevant physical and laboratory findings, clinical course, response to treatment (if any), and condition at last follow-up; all this in not more than 150 Words.
- Please include a photograph in TIFF or JPEG formats with resolution of at least 300dpi.
- A short legend for the photo must be provided, and the photo must be cited in the case presentation.
Answer to Image Quiz
- The header to the answer should read, “Answer to Quiz Puzzle.”
- The text of the answer to the Image Quiz should also be limited to 200 to 300 words with 4-6 references.